The Parlin Law Scholarship – $500
New 2017 Scholarship Opportunity!
Proudly offered to you by Lindsey Parlin
The $500 Lindsey Parlin Scholarship has been created by a leading Colorado family and criminal attorney to help college students with their higher educational expenses. As a graduate of the University of Denver College of Law, she understands the financial pressures that attending college can have on today’s students. It is with that in mind that she is honored to offer well-qualified applicants this $500 scholarship each year.
This is a $500 scholarship that is available to students from all walks of life, minorities, and transfer students are strongly encouraged to apply. You can be a high school student about to start college, a current undergraduate or graduate student. Wherever you come from or whatever you are studying, you need only to be a hardworking, goal driven person who wants to achieve great success in college and in your career.
Also, students at University of Denver and Metropolitan State College in Denver are specifically encouraged to apply.
In the words of scholarship co-founder Lindsey Parlin, “I am truly committed to helping future professionals achieve their dreams and to get a great, affordable education. I am proud to offer you this academic scholarship and I am looking forward to reviewing your applications.”
No Fee To Apply!
Lindsey Parlin Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
We look forward to receiving the applications from students who meet these criteria:
- You are a US citizen or US permanent resident.
- You are between 17-50 years old.
- You are or will be a part time or full time college student – either a bachelor’s or master’s program is fine.
- You have an active email address.
Lindsey Parlin Scholarship Essay Topics
All applicants for the Lindsey Parlin award must complete an original, high quality essay about one of the following topics:
- What type of activity makes you feel most like yourself and why do you enjoy it?
- What was the hardest decision you made in the last year?
- If you could have the answer to one question, what would it be?
- What is a quote from a famous person who inspires you?
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
Essay Submission Instructions
Essay – Microsoft Word document for essay submissions
For your essay submission to be considered, it must meet the following standards:
- Consist of 1,000 to 3,000 words
- Be typed and single spaced in a Microsoft Word document
- Contain no errors of any kind
- Be your own work and of high quality
Video Essay Alternative
You also can film a video that will serve as your essay submission. The video must be 3-10 minutes long and feature your full name in either the title or file name. You should email the link of the video to the email address listed below. Be creative in your submission but make sure the audio and video are good quality.
How to Apply
- Please review all eligibility requirements.
- Select an essay topic.
- Complete your written or video submission.
- Follow the submission guidelines exactly.
- Submit your essay or video.
- Watch your email inbox for the winning announcement.
- You should send your submission to this email address: LindseyParlinScholarship@gmail.com. Your application submission should include your name, age, phone number, and physical address.
The winner of this $500 scholarship will be chosen one week after the submission period has ended. We will inform the winner via email, and we will provide details at that time about how to receive the award.
Receiving the Lindsey Parlin award is a great honor that we encourage you to share, and we also will share this great news on our law practice website. We will feature your name, biography and photograph on our corporate site for one year.
Having your name and bio on our website is great publicity for you, and we strongly encourage you to make the most of it. You should share this web page link on your social media channels and make the link a strong part of your updated resume and job and college applications. This type of award can make your profile really stand out from the crowd.
Lindsey Parlin Scholarship Application Deadline
Submissions for this $500 scholarship will be accepted till March 15, 2017.
Would you like to receive more information about our scholarship, or do you have questions? Please send an email to: LindseyParlinScholarship@gmail.com. Please use this subject line: “Lindsey Parlin Scholarship Inquiry.” We look forward to your application and questions.
Email only please. We appreciate that you have an interest in this scholarship or might have more questions. We are here to help. Please write us an email and send to: LindseyParlinScholarship@gmail.com Subject line should be “Lindsey Parlin Scholarship Inquiry.”
Commonly Asked Questions:
If I win, how will I receive the scholarship?
Certified U.S. mail.
Can I submit more than one entry?
No. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
Will my video be judged negatively if it is not 10 minutes long?
No. Videos need only meet the minimum requirement of 3 minutes. If you are able to convey your response to the topic in 3 minutes, that is acceptable and it will be judged only according to the content.
Do I need to cite the sources I used for my essay?
No. Essays are not required to include a works cited or references page, however, a plagiarism audit will be conducted. Only original works will be accepted.
- It is a general rule of thumb when conducting research to keep track of sources found and used. However, as part of applying for the scholarship, we do not require each submission be accompanied by a works cited page but, we do require each applicant keep and maintain an accurate record of sources used.
What if I want to revise and re-submit my entry?
If you submit your essay early and later want to revise it and re-submit, you may do so as along as it before the deadline, March 15, 2017. Or, if you accidentally send an older draft of your essay and realize it later, you also may re-submit before the deadline. 1 resubmission per person.
What if I don’t have an e-mail address?
If you do not have an e-mail address, there are free services available to you i.e. Yahoo and Gmail.
If you have any additional questions, e-mail them to: LindseyParlinScholarship@gmail.com with the subject “Lindsey Parlin Scholarship Inquiry.”
If you’re facing legal issues or just need some advice, I can help with: